5 Senses Summer Challenge - being the illustrator

 We have been working on using descriptive words in our writing to help our readers “see the picture” in their heads. We have also been using the 5 senses to help us write about our photo inspiration of a little boy mowing the lawn.


Our backyard - 5 senses summer challenge By Ethan

I see small birds chirping in the trees.

I smell dog poo that was in the grass.

I hear lots of bees buzzing in the beehive.

I feel really wet grass on my feet.

I wondered if the lawnmower would break.

I felt the squishy dog poo on my feet.



Our backyard - 5 senses summer challenge By Joshua

I felt spikey grass on my feet in the backyard.

I felt the hot sun shining on my back.

I heard the birds chirping in the tall trees.

I saw the people playing next door.

I wondered if the lawnmower would break down.

I wondered if I would hear sirens from the road.

I smelt the fresh grass from next door.


Our challenge today was to be the illustrators of two of our classmates writing, using the words they’d written to show the picture they had given us in our heads. These are some of the visual ideas that Sofia, Gwen, Meleane, Shriya, Ethan, Joshua and Yash could visualise.





Comments

  1. Some amazing descriptive words, I really loved how specific you were. I love the idea of the class illustrating the work. I think we might try this in Room 7!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Experiments with Force and Motion

Our return to class learning and distance zoomers

Creating repeating and growing patterns for Algebra